As a wedding planner in Chicago, we are ALWAYS flattered when an industry colleague recruits us to help them make their wedding dreams reality. So when Katie Thome of the über-talented quartet known as Dolce Strings called us – we jumped at the chance to help her out!
Katie wanted a garden feel for her wedding to fiancé, Justin – but was also hoping for the convenience of a wedding downtown Chicago. Well – lucky for all of us, this place actually exists! The Crystal Garden at Navy Pier offers the ambiance of a garden with no worries about the weather report, city views your guests will die for, the fabulous cuisine of Phil Stefani Catering, and to top it all off – Fireworks! How can you go wrong? I would also be remiss if the Sci-fi nerd in me didn’t mention that she used the Game of Thrones theme music for a portion of her ceremony processional – the woman knows a good piece of music for a string arrangement when she hears it (and we spent many a meeting discussing the finer plot twists of the show as well!).
Floral and Décor: LOLA Event Productions
Entertainment: Final Say
Photography: The fantastic Tricia Koning
Cupcakes: SwirlzRead More
We fell in love with Scott and Drew the minute they came into our studio and described their wedding aesthetic as a moonlit apple orchard meets nightclub fabulous! Their day turned out to be just that, and it was filled with lots of love, family, friends, joy, tears and of course a flash mob to “Let’s Have a Kiki” at Fulton’s on the River. The rain didn’t stop the outdoor nuptials, and the goose bump inducing ceremony started with an attention getting entrance of the grooms by a water taxi blaring it’s horn to celebrate their arrival. We brought the moonlit orchard feeling into Fulton’s on the River by suspending Manzanita branches decked out with lush foliage and hanging candles. A fog machine, lighting and the incomparable DJ Lina Bradford from NYC brought the nightclub vibe. Custom candy apples adorned with escort card tags and the double bow tie details were some of our favorite touches. Studio Starling captured the fun of the day and this charming couple’s personalities perfectly!Read More
- The size of the resort – a max of 25-30 guests means you can book the entire place and have a private paradise for you and your guests.
- The staff outnumber the guests, and are the most friendly and talented group I have met while vacationing. Everyone knows our names – and we know theirs.
- The accomodations range in price – with even the most luxurious being more maneagable than most places in the Carribean.
- You can go either a la carte or all inclusive on meals – and all the rooms have full kitchens! Of course, the food is magnificent so I haven’t had much to eat in my bungalow!
- For the ceremony itself I can’t decide where the most picturesque place to exchange vows might be – the Palapa reaching out into the ocean, or the beautifully combed sand at the edge of the sea – so many choices!
- The reception will be perfect – the food presentation and taste divine. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to know that the requests we are making on the mainland actually reach the willing ears of the chef and an expert staff?
Paired with LOLA coordination and ideas, this place is a winner! Who wants to plan with us?
And now, I go back to my vacation – what to do next… nap on the private beach? World Class Scuba? Some zip-lining or a trip to town? Hmmmm… I like my choices!Read More